#entry 3
Sabotage
Who did therapy
once in the life already heard the expression “you are sabotaging yourself”
from the person that is sitting in front of you and has the high capacity to
staring at you for forty-five minutes without judge you for even one second.
Sometimes they don’t tell in this words, or use the word “sabotage”, but they
make you understand that your life doesn't get better because you don't believe
in yourself.
When I told my friends about my
transfer to Houston, some of them suggested me to create a blog where I could
write the humor posts that I’ve post on Facebook. They told me that they’ve liked
the way I write. I didn’t take this serious and thought they were being just nice
to me.
However, some two months ago I
published a book in Brazil after I had been invited for two different
publishing houses. When I picked the book up in my hands, I started to realize
that I could be a good writer as my friends had told me. I kept this thought in
my mind.
Some days ago, I started to read a
book that my friend Graziella Caputo indicated me. It is: Lean in - women,
work, and the will to lead – written by Sheryl Sandberg (Facebook COO). In this
book, Sheryl shows with examples experienced by her and with academic
researches that women usually deny their abilities, their achievement … We usually sabotage ourselves! Sheryl says that we don't proud of ourselves because we
live in a world where “to feel proud” is a men’s feature.
If a man hears from his friend that
he is a good writer and should invest in a blog, I am sure he would feel very
proud of his ability and would take the advice very seriously. That was I did,
after published a book and after read Sheryl’s book! Ok, I took almost one year
to believe in my friends and create this blog.
I hope, I really hope my friends
were right about my ability to write. I also hope they enjoy to read this blog
as I’ve enjoy write for them.
To
read
Lean in: women, work, and the will to
lead
Sheryl Sandberg

I am sure we are right!!! And yes, I am enjoying!! =*
ResponderExcluir